Things to do in Las Vegas are endless and the entertainment limitless!
Bored with what you are doing…having a dull time…its time to pack your bags and head to the place that never dims its sparkle….with bright neon signs and pulsating beats you bet its ‘LAS VEGAS’ time!!!
Oh boy! there is so much that you can do here… in the ‘Entertainment Capital of the World’. Sin, gamble, get entertained, recreate, party, take limo rides, visit some amazing hotels in the world…the list is endless and the entertainment limitless.
Best time to travel:
Being part of a desert -Las Vegas has arid, dry and sunny climate with summer time getting extremely hot. Best months to enjoy are March, April, May, early June in Spring time and October, November during Fall as the temperatures range from 15-25ºC (60-80ºF) and are comfortable and most enjoyable.
Quick understanding of the place:
The brightest spot in Nevada’s Mojave Desert…is the Vegas Strip! Starting from the tallest hotel tower “Stratosphere’ at the North end the strip has the most famous hotels lined one after the other with names like Wynn, Venetian, Galaxy, Mirage, Bellagio, MGM Grand, Caesars, New York-New York, Flamingo, Luxor, Monte Carlo stealing the show. The south end of the strip ends with the airport that takes you home after your sin retreat! Las Vegas is a 24x7 high on adrenaline destination that has so much to offer.
Local Travel in Las Vegas:
Get yourself a ‘self drive’ or for a more touristy feel get the 2 day pass for the very convenient 'hop on hop off' bus that has ample stops and frequency to drop you near all important destinations in town.
Things you just can’t miss in the Entertainment City:
1. Breakfast in Vegas- If you arrive in the morning best way to begin is by indulging in a sumptuous buffet / ala carte breakfast by some of the best chefs and restaurants. Our top 3 picks are:
- Bouchon Bistro, a parisian feel bistro by world-renowned chef Thomas Keller. Open for breakfast Timings: (Mon-Thur-7:00am to 1:00pm | Fri-Sun- 7:00am to 2:00pm) | Venue: Venetian Hotel
- Hash House a Go Go, serves yummilious twisted farm food with which they keep the fun in food alive! Timings: (Mon-Fri-7:30am to 11:00am | Sat-Sun- 7:30am to 5:00pm) | Venue: Sahara Ave
- Mon Ami Gabi, a classic french bistro at the foot of the Eiffel Tower replica outside Paris Casino hotel offers traditional and french morning favourites. It also has a ‘Non Breakfast’ section in case you are living in a different day zone;-)
2. Walk the Strip- Best time to make sense of the place is your first evening in vegas when the sun goes down and the neon signs/ life size billboards shine even brighter. The strip is going to be your home during your stay with most time spent here and each step leading you to something magical. For a first timer the very magnanimity and construction of some of the casino hotels can leave you awestruck…New Yor
k-New York, Paris, Luxor to name a few.
Some hotels also deck up their interiors very well with fresh flower installations and almost all have loads of entertainment options…check out Wynn, Mirage, Venetian, Galaxy and many more during the day time when the sun is blaring outside.
3. Bellagio fountains- No words can explain the 3-5 min fountain romance that takes place every evening at an interval of 15 mins outside the Bellagio. The art with music and water speaks so much of the romantic spirit of the hotel…you actually have to see it to experience your mushy side 😉
4. Casinos-One thing that is in abundance in Vegas is most definitely the slot machines…they actually start giving you company right as you touch down at the McCarran International Airport. Gambling for fun…as a Rookie or a Pro you will never fall short of options be it any time of the day.
5. Entertainment Shows- Sensual Adult Shows, Musicals, Magic Tricks, Illusions you name it and the city has it. The best of the best in any genre you are in the mood to indulge. Mystere, ‘O’, Ka, Zumanity, Cris Angels, The Beatles Love, MJ One are just a few to name the extremely fine ones. Then there are loads of those sinful shows that you wont wanna miss while in vegas.
One show you must not miss (Highly Recommended!!!): ‘Zumanity’ (Sexy-Fun-Acrobatic) the sensual side of Cirque du Soleil, a seductive twist on reality, making the provocative playful and the forbidden electrifying! (at New York-New York Hotel & Casino). Book your tickets in advance as it normally goes houseful.
6. Stratosphere Experience- The tallest tower (1,149 ft) north of the strip houses a casino, a sky lounge at 107th floor which has the perfect view of the strip and and some really amazing adventure rides like ‘insanity’, big shot’ and sky jump. This place is definitely a must visit specially for the ones who can imagine a holiday without adventure.
7. Fremont Street- This is a little further from the strip however in the route of the ‘Hop on-Hop Off’ bus. Though it is recommended in most of the blog but personally i feel it lacks the vibe of the strip, has few casinos and the only thing that really got me excited was the ‘slotzila’ zip line!
8. Nightlife: This is my favourite part! and thats why saved for the end. Vegas gives you numerous party options / night spots that you find no where else on the planet…with high on life music, ambience and crowd. There are many electric dance music clubs but the best is to check the schedule of most happening places on the strip featuring the most famous musicians and DJ’s of our times. The life comes live 1:00pm onwards so have your dinner and get ready for the pulsating night ahead. Hakkasan at the MGM grand gives an amazing experience with a huge 3 floor decadence areas and world-famous DJs Calvin Harris, Tiësto, Steve Aoki and Hardwell, playing most often. VooDoo rooftop @Rio, XS @Encore, GhostBar and Lax are other best bets!
Style Tips for Men:
During the day you can be all 'Casual Chic' but as the sun goes down the place definitely demands being more stylish and suave. Any piece of clothing that spells 'sports' is definitely not an option for the after hours. Pack up according to this list and you will be all set for some amazing company 😉
Shirt: Collared shirts that are not office-office type but ones that are slim fit or qualify to be dress shirts
Lower: A 'nice' pair of Jeans ( baggy, torn or rugged/ ripped will leave you rejected) | Dress Pants (if you really want to;-)
Shoes: Good pair of leather or dress shoes...any day! anytime!
Hats: To add an extra dash to your style quotient...yes! but no sporty ones please. (PS: some nightclubs may not allow this accessory)
So let loose, spoil your self, indulge and always be in some influence coz "Whatever happens in Vegas, Stays in Vegas” !!!!